hey guys
    does electric start go without saying,
    and will the engine be a single speed transmission
    (an automatic 3 speed would be nice )
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. ScarparTeam
    Key Master

Hi Wheelmania,

More great questions ... we will migrate some of these to the FAQs over time. Thanks.

Electric start would be great ... it's on the list but under scrutiny due to the added complexity (and therefore potential to reduce reliability) and also the weight of carrying a battery and starter motor.

We are most likely to use a CVT rather than gear/s. Look here http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt2.htm for an explanation. Yamaha (and probably others) use them in their snowmobiles and you are starting to see more and more of them. Basically this means infinite gearing; torque when you need it and speed when you need it. Brilliant stuff.

Regards,

The Scarpar Team
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. mangafox93

y wont u come out with a gas version, i dont think anyone will like the product as much if it only goes for about a mile then poops out on u, plus if it was gas powered and could go for 20 miles without giving out then think of the applications to the search and rescue department, plus it will be better for ppl who go out muddin, on camping trips, ppl who live in log cabins, and if u could consider letting me talk with r engineers about a board design i have plz
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. ScarparTeam
    Key Master

mangafox93 wrote:y wont u come out with a gas version,

There are a few reasons. Here are a few:

- Compliance on the 2 strokes ... they are almost illegal in the US
    - 4 strokes, as a lone solution, are too big and heavy
    - an electric system substantially reduces complexity and therefore increases reliability

mangafox93 wrote: i dont think anyone will like the product as much if it only goes for about a mile then poops out on u, plus if it was gas powered and could go for 20 miles without giving out then think of the applications to the search and rescue department, plus it will be better for ppl who go out muddin, on camping trips, ppl who live in log cabins,

We are aiming for the same run-time, and we acknowledge and are aware of the other markets you are talking about.

mangafox93 wrote: and if u could consider letting me talk with r engineers about a board design i have plz

Thanks for the offer, but no. If you want to submit ideas which you are not looking to protect, please feel free to email info {at} scarpar dot com.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers,

The Scarpar Team
    Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.